Friday, July 20, 2012

Wii based Movement Therapy

What is that quote from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet? Remember? Juliet says, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet;" ******* WiiHab**** Wiihabilitation*****Wii Therapy*****Wii based Movement Therapy********* Different names; same results. Patient's have fun and have more motivation to stick with the rehab plan of care when Wii games are added as a complement to their traditional therapy program. P. McNultey, a neurophysiologist at Neuroscience Research Australia, presents data from her research in Brisbane today (July 20) demonstrating that patients who participated in an intensive 2 week program based on Wii showed significant improvement in their ability to use their limbs. This improvement occurred in participants even if they had experienced the stroke many years ago. Dr McNulty said, “The Wii is inexpensive, easy to use and, very importantly, fun. This type of rehabilitation motivates participants to actually complete their therapy, which is essential for maximum recovery.” Incorporating Wii into your treatment day makes therapy more fun for everyone. If set-up and space are concerns, try to pick a time slot or a day and use Wii activities as a therapeutic approach for the scheduled patients during that time. Are you wanting to increase your knowledge and understanding of which activities work best for which goals? Contact me about bringing The WiiHab Workshop to your area. What a fun way to earn those CEUs!

19 comments:

tahera said...

Thank you for sharing this post about
physical therapy, NJ. I'm glad to come across this post. Good job

nj chiropractors said...

Thank you for the fantastic article. The place else could anyone get that kind of info in such a perfect means of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the search for such information.
http://www.totalbodynj.com

Max Moreno said...

Physical therapy education prepare people to work with patients who have physical pain or limitations check this out for the details.

chiropractors new jersey said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.

chiropractors wyckoff said...

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

Chiropractic Bergen County said...

The post is absolutely great! Lots of great info and inspiration, both of which we all need! Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your website and detailed info you offer! I will bookmark your site!

chiropractors nj said...

Thanks for the post. I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process.. I will definitely be back for more.

chiropractors nj said...

Thank you, amazing job! This was the information I required.

nj physical therapists said...

Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.

nj back pain treatment said...

Thank you, amazing job! This was the information I required.

chiropractors wyckoff said...

Hi nice Post written by you guys. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. Thank a ton for such a nice post.

chiropractors nj said...

Hi nice Post written by you guys. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. Thank a ton for such a nice post.

nj chiropractors said...

Thanks for the post. I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process.. I will definitely be back for more.

back pain treatment nj said...

Thanks for the post. I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process.. I will definitely be back for more.

Rich Carlton said...

There is a good post on how to become a physical therapist here for those of your readers who are interested.

Lol said...

Great way to spam this these comments Total Body NJ. Do you know anything about SEO?

chiropractors nj said...

Great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

Victoria said...

Hello, I am a third year occupational therapy student in NZ. I am currently writing a blog on the benefits and limitations of assistive technology (wii games) to improve upper limb function of stroke patients in rehab and how OT's can help for one of my assignments. From reading you blogs they are very insightful and provide alot great information.

Do you have any knowledge or experience of using wii games as an intervention to improve stroke pts upper limb function?

Regards Victoria

Yang Kuo said...

I had been looking for something related and found your web site in the process..

www.golden-slot.com
gclub online