Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wii Fit - Therapy for Fall Prevention - WiiHab

The Saturday Evening Post online published a piece by Peter Perry about the potential of Wii Fit for improving balance. Take a moment to read about the research Kathleen Bieryla of Bucknell University has completed. Kathleen, an assistant professor of biomedical engineering, focused on improving clinical measures of balance in older adults by using activities in Wii Fit.
In the same Saturday Evening Post piece, Bryce Taylor, MSPT explains three of his trademark Wii-Hab therapeutic exercises using Wii Fit to improve back health and increase core muscle strength.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the props Mershon! Hope all is well with you.

charlotte said...

This sounds as though it could be very useful in a variety of settings, especially with the elderly.

Alfred Whittman said...

When I first found out about the Wii, I thought that it was going to be a very interactive and fun console, but not for the fighting gamer like me. When I found out about the Wii Fit, I told myself, I guess it's time that I should buy a game that 'would be helpful for my health. About that balance thing, yes, I've noticed that in one of the exercises. It has that "test your balance" type of exercise, right?

wii fit plus with balance board games said...

It is great to read some of the information and feedback, here. I hope to read more ideas in the future!!!